Take advantage of these hot topics for December and January
New Semester Prep: Canvas Course Refresher Sessions (virtually via Zoom)
If your course was previously taught in Canvas and you are getting it ready for a new semester, come learn 8 quick-tips to refresh your course! These sessions are all offered virtually via Zoom so you can login from your location of choice!
- Tues Dec 4 from 7:00-8:00 pm Virtually via Zoom
- Dec 10 from 5:00-6:00 pm Virtually via Zoom
- Jan 15 from 5:00-6:00 pm Virtually via Zoom
Canvas Gradebook (St Paul)
- Tues Dec. 4 from 1:30-2:30 pm CT Paul STELAR Classroom LL21
Canvas One-on-One Consultation Appointments (in either Minneapolis or St. Paul)
Sign up for 30-minute blocks.
- Tues Dec 4 from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm. St. Paul STELAR LL20
- Tues Dec. 11 from 1:00pm-3:00 pm. St. Paul STELAR LL20
- Wed Dec. 12 from 9:30 am-3:30 pm. Minneapolis TMH 438C
- Tues Dec 18 from 1:00 pm-3:00 pm. St. Paul STELAR LL20
- Wed Dec. 19 from 9:30-3:30 pm. Minneapolis TMH 438C
Canvas Hosted Training Sessions
Whether new or experienced with Canvas, sign up and attend in December, January and beyond.
STELAR has purchased access to pre-recorded and live Canvas training sessions, available through https://www.cysalesteam.com/instructure/. This is for all St. Thomas faculty and staff. The classes range from beginner (Introduction to Canvas) to topic specific (Outcomes & Rubrics for Instructors) and everything in between. If you are interested in seeing what is available, you can Browse by Category and look through the Building Block Series, and the Classroom Application Series.
After you create an account, you have ongoing access to an extensive number of trainings (for both beginners and more experienced Canvas users). You also have access to any recordings from past sessions. Here’s a short list of upcoming sessions of these Canvas hosted sessions:
Canvas Training Series: Assignments
- Nov 29 from 3:30-4:30 pm CT (Virtually via Zoom)
Canvas Training Series: Course Basics
- Nov 30 from 8 am-9 am CT (Virtually via Zoom)
Many more offered in December and January.
Resources You Can Access at Any Point
You’ll want to bookmark these so you continue to see new opportunities showing up on the calendar.
- STELAR Website
- OneStThomas STELAR Training and Events page.
- Learning Outcomes Inspirator – Take advantage of this new tool from STELAR! It was designed to help Faculty learn to effectively write measurable learning outcomes.
- Canvas Hosted Training Series – Once you created an account, there is so much to access!
Other Sessions of Interest
Zoom for Advising, Appointment Hours and Tutoring
- Thurs Dec 6 from 12:00-12:40 pm. (Virtually via Zoom)
Accessibility Practices in Zoom Sessions
- Thurs Dec 6 3:00-4:00 pm. (Virtually via Zoom)