St. Thomas faculty are invited to self-enroll into an online resource that supports their development of Zoom and Flex Classroom Support knowledge, skills, and practices. Zoom is the main video conferencing platforms used at St. Thomas, and flex classroom refers to blended, hyflex, co-flex, hybrid course delivery…basically anyone teaching a class except fully online or fully face to face may find this module helpful.
Please use this enroll link to join this Canvas site: https://stthomas.instructure.com/enroll/RP74HJ
This Canvas site helps faculty to find additional support and practice with Zoom (including both basic and advanced Zoom use), access videos and tutorials on using equipment and safety protocols for flex classrooms, and share tips and support with faculty and Innovation and Technology Services(ITS) team colleagues. Zoom Service Team and Classroom Tech team colleagues monitor the discussion.
This resource complements other resources published in our ITS/STELAR pages by putting that content into a Canvas learning structure into four learning modules/topics.
These are the modules to explore in any order:
- Zoom Host module: Access content and activities to develop knowledge and practices to be an effective Zoom host (both for beginners and more experienced Zoom users);
- Zoom Challenges and Solutions module: view some entertaining yet “this could be true” Zoom scenarios, and expand your solution-finding Zoom muscles!
- Zoom Assistant module: build your Zoom skills to assist, co-host, and support others in using Zoom;
- Flex Classroom Foundations module: how to use technology equipment and health/safety protocols in flex classrooms.
Enroll in the Zoom and Flex Classroom Canvas site at https://stthomas.instructure.com/enroll/RP74HJ
- Use your UST username and password to enroll.
- Feel free to also share this link with other instructors who may find it useful.
Additional resources for St. Thomas faculty, include: STELAR Training and Events page includes the following: Faculty Development webinars, Faculty Checklist, STELAR Techfolio, and booking a one-on-one appointment. We also point you to the Fall 2020 Course Design and Support Resources
Shout out to the St. Thomas E-Learning and Research Team (STELAR) and classroom and Zoom ITS colleagues for this awesome resource!
There is a badging option to earn a Zoom Host and Zoom Assistant badge in this site, and an additional badging/training site for student employees and staff who are pursuing the expansion of their Zoom and Flex Classroom skills to then assist others. Contact Sam Baldwin (ITS) for additional information on the student employee Zoom and Flex Classroom badging site, and Jo Montie firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on the faculty/instructor site.
This post was written by Jo Montie, Online Learning Student Success Facilitator (email@example.com) with the St. Thomas E-Learning and Research (STELAR) Center at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. To learn more about this topic, please visit our website at www.stthomas.edu/stelar or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.