The library buildings are closed due to COVID-19 safety precautions, but we can still loan you physical materials if you are able to come to the library to pick them up. Here is what you need to know:
- Place hold request(s) for St. Thomas items in CLICsearch. If the item has no request option, it cannot be requested. Call if you’d like assistance: (651) 962-5494. Sorry, no walk-up requests can be accepted. Only library staff may be in the library buildings at this time.
- Wait to receive an email in your St. Thomas email inbox letting you know your request is ready to be scheduled for pickup. The email will include instructions about the pickup location and how to arrange a pickup time. * Note that we currently have no courier service to deliver books between the different libraries, so you will have to pick up items from their home library location.
- Call to schedule a pickup time between 10 AM and 2 PM Monday through Friday. It may take up to 2 business days to process your request. Same-day service is unlikely.
- Come to the library location to pickup materials, and follow the instructions you’ve been provided via email to let staff know you are here to pickup your materials. Procedures may vary depending on pickup location.
- Follow instructions to return materials. Books can be deposited in the book drops at the OSF and Ireland Libraries. Keffer Library items can be returned where they were picked up. Do not deposit media items like DVDs and CDs in the book drops as they can be damaged or destroyed. To return media items, come to the library between 10-2 Monday through Friday and call the number listed on the front door to return items. We will open the door for you to drop them off.
- We are following CDC guidelines on quarantining and disinfecting materials, but the ultimate responsibility for your personal safety lies with you. Books and media cases can be wiped down with disinfectant wipes. However, do not use disinfectant wipes on CDs and DVDs.
- It is recommended to quarantine your items for 24 hours before using.
- CLIC items are not available for request.
- Circulation is currently only available for current St. Thomas Faculty, Staff, and Students.