Happy National Library Week!
This week, April 7-13, 2019 is National Library Week, a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and library workers and to promote library use and support. This year’s theme is Libraries = Strong Communities
Want to celebrate with us? The University libraries have events all week long:
Check out our Library Week page for details on all the events.
Online Trivia Contest:
New trivia questions posted each day!
Both O’Shaughnessy-Frey and Ireland libraries will be having their annual book sale, featuring donated and withdrawn material.
This year, Fallon Advertising Agency donated their entire print library. This includes hundreds of beautiful art and photography books and other books for visual inspiration. Do not miss this!
- O’Shaughnessy-Frey book sale: Monday – Friday, noon – 6 pm, OSF 108
- Ireland Library book sale and silent auction: Monday – Friday, normal business hours, in the reference room.
Saturday, April 6:
- Game night at Ireland library, 6 – 9 pm
Monday, April 8:
- Find librarians and donut holes at the CSA (1st floor Murray-Herrick) where you can ask for advice on holes in your research.
- Find librarians at a pop-up at ASC Dorsey Way
Tuesday, April 9:
- Music and Media open house in the OSF rotunda, 9 am – 3 pm
- Cadenza Mini-concert in the OSF rotunda, 12:30 pm
Wednesday, April 10:
- Japanese book binding demonstration, OSF 302, 10 – 11 am
- Author event: Scott Wright reads from his book, “Windows: Japan and the U.S. in the 1980s.”
Thursday, April 11:
- Mini-golf in the Minneapolis Skyway between Keffer and Schoenecker libraries
- Late Night Scavenger Hunt, in OSF library, 10:30 pm. Preregistration requested.