If you’re outside of the seven-county metro area, you’re in luck! UST Libraries offers distant students the following services:
- Electronically scanning and delivering book chapters and articles from periodicals. Make a request through ILLiad.
- Discussing research topics, little and large, via online chat or over the phone, 651-962-5001.
- Mailing books from our circulating collections free of charge. Check out the “Interlibrary Loan for Distance Students and Faculty” section here.
- Plus mailing books other libraries lend to us for us. This includes CLIC collections in addition to our local region and beyond!
- And, of course, accessing our ever growing collection of e-books, full-text articles, and online reference works is as easy as logging into your email through the proxy server.
If you are finished with all of your course work and working on your final project or thesis, be sure you are considered active and “on the books” so your access to these resources isn’t cut off! Each academic department handles this a little differently, so contact your registrar for details.
Best wishes on teaching this fall and on your own studies!
~ Mason M., fellow graduate student and Ireland Library student staff