The libraries are moving to a new consortium (MnPALS) and a new library system this summer. This means that from June 7 – July 7 some of the online library functions will be unavailable. You will not be able to check your account (starting June 14th) or place requests online through CLICsearch (starting June 7th), however books can still be checked out and electronic resources like eBooks and streaming media can still be found and accessed. Starting July 7, CLICsearch will become “LibrarySearch” and you will be able to access your library account and request items online.
Specific changes are below:
- Can I check out physical items from the library during this time?
Yes! You will be able to find and check out books from the library.
- What if I have books that are due during this time?
Due dates will be extended during this period. If you want to renew your items, this service will be available again after July 7.
- Can I place a hold on library materials?
Yes, you can place a hold on St. Thomas Libraries materials, but you will need to call the Circulation Desk to do this.
- Can I check my account online during this time to see what I have checked out and when it’s due?
- Can I request items from other schools?
Yes, you will need to use ILLiad to do this.
- What about access to electronic materials during this time?
Yes, access should continue during this period. On July 7, CLICsearch will become LibrarySearch and there will be a period of around one week during which search results for electronic materials will be incomplete.
Questions? Contact Greg Argo at email@example.com.