Join us at one of our Library Research Help Zoom drop-in sessions. Drop in during one of these sessions to meet with a librarian and a peer research assistant to get help with any library research questions you may have. Wondering what we can help with? Here’s a few of the types of questions you can ask (but feel free to come with other questions!):
- How do I start a research project?
- How can I find a specific book or article?
- How do I know if an article or book is a good one to use?
- How do I cite a source in my bibliography?
- What types of sources would be good for my project?
- How do I know if an article is peer-reviewed?
- I’m trying to find research on a topic and I’m just not finding any, what should I do?
- I’m trying to find research on a topic and I have way too many results, what do I do?
- I found an article on my topic but it’s too old, how do I find something newer?
- How do I know if I’ve found enough sources for a research assignment?
Schedule of Drop-in Sessions
(click on the date for details on TommieLink – St. Thomas log-in required):
- Monday, Dec. 7, 2 – 4 pm
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 10 am – noon
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 3 – 5 pm
- Thursday, Dec. 10, 11 am – 1 pm
- Thursday, Dec. 10, 4 – 6 pm
You are always welcome to Ask a Librarian at other times, too! You can chat with us or text us or make an appointment with your subject librarian for more in-depth research help.