It’s that time of year here at UST Libraries: we’ve heard from many of you and are now working hard to purchase resources and get new subscriptions set up.
New Resources Now Available
- Kanopy Streaming Films: A database that contains documentaries and educational films on social, political, cultural issues, education, and American history. It also provides a collection of Foreign Films.
- National Film Board of Canada: collection featuring over 2,000 Canadian films, excerpts, trailers and interactive works.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online: There were a number of changes to our subscribed subjects, adding some and dropping some. We now have access to these 11: Art History, Childhood Studies, Chinese Studies, Criminology, Education, Management, Medieval Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology
- Routledge Handbooks Online: We are in the process of activating and cataloging approximately 100 titles in this new resource, in seven different subject bundles: Business & Economics; Communication, Journalism, Media & Culture; Environment & Sustainability; Health & Social Care; Linguistics; Philosophy; and Sport and Leisure.
- Swank Feature Films: Our initial collection includes 25 feature films on this new streaming media platform.
- JSTOR Business IV: An additional component to our JSTOR collection; 50 titles increasing JSTOR’s coverage in core fields such as economics, management, industrial relations, and finance, with a broad international scope.
- Mergent Archives: An additional component to MergentOnline; an indexed collection of corporate and industry related documents.
- Mergent Intellect: An additional component to MergentOnline; a collection of worldwide business information incorporating sources such as Hoover’s, Dun & Bradstreet, and First Research.
- Oxford Handbooks Online Economics & Finance Foundation Collection: An additional book bundle to fill out the existing Economics & Finance Collections previously purchased
- Oxford Handbooks Online Economics & Finance 2013 Collection: An additional book bundle to fill out the existing Economics & Finance Collections previously purchased
- SRDS Compete Pro: A new resource from the SRDS/Kantar Media family. Use it to see the traffic, engagement, and demographics for any of the top 1 million sites on the internet. Restricted to UST students, faculty, and staff; users must log in with their UST email address.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (1972-2012): We have been online subscribers to the current content of this resource since ProQuest took over its publication in 2013, but we have now added 40 years of back content
- Bibliography of British and Irish History: is an extensive guide to the published writings (books, book chapters and journal articles) on British and Irish history.
- Iter Italicum: Brill and Iter describe this resource as “the most comprehensive finding list available of previously uncatalogued or incompletely catalogued Renaissance humanistic manuscripts found in libraries and collections all over the world. Originally published in six volumes, between 1963 and 1992, it is an essential tool for any scholar working in the fields of classical, medieval, and Renaissance studies.”
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences XIV: An additional component to our JSTOR collection; 125 journals drawn primarily from the fields of Archaeology, Language & Literature, Communications Studies, Asian Studies, and Political Science.
- Oxford Dictionaries: Please welcome Arabic and Portuguese to our Oxford family of dictionaries: Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, German, and French.
- Philosopher’s Index with Full Text: on EBSCOhost: We upgraded our subscription to Philosopher’s Index (now retired) to the full text version.
- ProQuest Congressional Base: This resource that provides access to congressional publications is now available to all of UST. In the past, our access was restricted to just the Law Library, but now all of UST may access.
HEALTH & HUMAN PERFORMANCE
- Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: Journal subscription begins with 1996
- Sports Medicine: Journal subscription begins with 1997
- Sports Medicine and Exercise Science in Video: Hundreds of hours of video relevant to the study of disease management, injury treatment, nutrition, special populations, fitness and health assessment, medical fitness, exercise adherence, sport science, worksite wellness, and more
- IET E-books 2010-2015 Collection: Approximately 123 science, engineering, and technology-focused titles will be available once all of the 2015 titles are published and active.
- Immunity: Journal subscription begins with 1995.
- Nature Chemistry: Journal subscription begins with 2015 with a 4-year rolling backfile
- Nature Geoscience: Journal subscription begins with 2015 with a 4-year rolling backfile
- Journal of Geophysical Research. Solid Earth: Journal subscription begins with 1997 under the title Journal of Geophysical Research. B, Solid Earth and continues with this title from 2013 forward on the Wiley platform.
- The International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences (Second Edition): This new major reference work is on the Elsevier platform .
- LGBT Life: This new EBSCO database indexes the world’s literature regarding Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender issues, both academic and grassroots.
- Sage Research Methods Online: Use to find articles, books, and videos online about different methodologies, statistical analyses, and research designs in the social sciences, health sciences, and more.
UST Libraries are excited to be able to continually add new resources to our collection. If you ever come across something you’d like to see added, please let us know. Requests can be made directly to any UST Librarian or through one of our online request forms.