Starting February 9th, the vendor Alexander Street will be pulling their records out of CLICsearch to replace them with updated ones. As a result, videos from Alexander Street’s databases will not appear using the “Videos” filter in CLICsearch. Same goes for music/audio. This process will take several weeks but when it is done all searches will return to normal.
Here is a list of databases that will be affected:
- 60 Minutes
- Counseling and Therapy in Video
- Music Online: Classical Performance in Video
- Music Online: Garland Encyclopedia of World Music Online
- Music Online: Popular Music Library
- Music Online: Contemporary World Music
During this period, to find videos please use both “Audio Visual” and “Videos” filters TOGETHER so you can have results from Alexander Street databases and all the other databases.
To find music/audio please use both “Audio Visual” and “Audio” filters TOGETHER.
- Note that you may have to spend more time finding what you are looking for within your search results during this time.
- Any links used from the old CLICsearch records may not work
- EZ-proxy links taken directly from those databases will still work.
The Search Box from the Films Page: https://www.stthomas.edu/libraries/films/ has been updated to filter to “Audio Visual” and “Videos”The Search Box from the Music Page: https://www.stthomas.edu/libraries/music/ has been updated to filter to “Audio Visual” and “Audio”