Effective immediately the group-study rooms in the O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library are changing to an online, mobile-friendly, self-service scheduling system. The old paper sign-up sheets on the door of each room will no longer be used; instead, users will be directed to an online system for sign-up.
This group-study room sign-up link also can be found:
- On the upper left side of the Libraries website
- Directly at http://bit.ly/USTOSF_GroupStudy
- Via a QR code for mobile devices that is posted on each study-room door
Users will fill out a simple online form to reserve the room, indicating date and time, name, email address, group nickname for the public calendar display, and number of persons. Once the form is submitted the user will get a confirmation email with a link to cancel the reservation if plans change.
A few simple rules apply:
- Two hours per day maximum room use is allowed per person.
- Priority is given to groups of two or more.
- Users can reserve a study room up to two weeks in advance.
- A UST email address is required to reserve a room.
Note that people who have reserved the room in the online system have the right to use it during their scheduled time; anyone present at that time can be asked to leave if they haven’t reserved the room.
The system is self-explanatory but there is an instructions Web page available that takes the reader through the process step-by-step. This change is being made for a variety of reasons, but primarily because students have asked for the ability to sign up online. The system also will allow the library to find out who actually has the room reservation in the event of occasional conflicts in scheduling and to compile data on room usage more readily.
For more information contact John Heintz, (651) 962-5018.