Saturday of the Second Week of Advent – Seasonal Reflections
Advent

Saturday of the Second Week of Advent

Readings: Saturday of the Second Week of Advent | USCCB 

Lord, make us turn to you; let us see your face and we shall be saved.  

The psalmist gives us a beautiful prayer today, asking the Lord to get our attention and then to save us with His gaze. I am always astonished by the truth that God is pursuing me. Every day, He extends invitations for me to notice Him, to turn to Him, and to see His face, which saves us. Far too often, I am caught up in my own tasks and fail to notice that He is calling to me. Thankfully, the psalmist today reminds us that we can ask God to make us turn to Him. We can ask for an increase in His calls for relationship.    

Today, I invite you to notice the ways God is making you turn your face toward Him. How is He trying to get your attention? Perhaps a classmate asks for your help, a beautiful sunset stops you in your tracks, or you are given a moment of peaceful silence. No matter how God reaches out to you today, I pray that when He seeks your face, you can turn to Him and rest in His loving gaze.   

Elizabeth Bina, CSMA Graduate Student 

The Campus Ministry Seasonal Reflections are offered during the liturgical seasons of Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter. We bring a variety of voices from Students, Faculty and Staff. The perspectives expressed in these reflections are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of Campus Ministry.