Know Your Blogger! Katelyn

My name is Katelyn and I am in my second (and final!) year of my graduate program at the University of St. Thomas.  I am studying Leadership in Student Affairs, which will prepare me to work with students at a college or university.  I am the Graduate Assistant in the Office of International Students & Scholars, and I love getting to know our new international students.

I grew up here in St. Paul, Minnesota and attended the University of Minnesota for my undergraduate degree.  At the U of M, I studied Psychology, Spanish, and Management.  I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in Spain and fell in love with learning about other cultures.  Since then, traveling has become one of my biggest hobbies.  I have visited 13 countries so far, with many more on my list!

Most recently, I participated in a graduate-level study abroad program that brought me back to Europe.  Through the program, and my own personal travel, I visited Ireland, Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Italy, and Hungary.  Next, I hope to visit a country in Asia or Africa as I have not had the chance to go to either continent yet.

Apart from travel, I spend my (very limited) free-time doing yoga, spending time with friends, and hanging out with my dog, Delia.  I am more than a little obsessed with her.  If you ever meet me, chances are I’ll force you to look at a photo of her!

I decided to attend St. Thomas because I heard great things about the Leadership in Student Affairs program and liked the close-knit campus community.  I have been lucky enough to meet many amazing friends and colleagues through my time here.  For prospective students, I will have graduated before you start school here, but I wish you an amazing experience at St. Thomas!  There are so many opportunities to get involved and OISS will help you along the way.

-Katelyn, OISS

Previous Post