2 Exams and 1 Lost Oyster Card Later… – Tommie Blogs
Kate '18

2 Exams and 1 Lost Oyster Card Later…

After a long weekend in Dublin, Ireland, I returned to London to both an Operations and Marketing exam awaiting me bright and early on Monday morning. While studying abroad is amazing, we are here for school, and unfortunately, taking exams is not the most fun thing to do, but it is part of college. I have always gone into exams with a positive mindset and confident attitude that I put forth 110% effort into succeeding. I do whatever it takes to prepare, and yes, I did stay up until 2:30am last night studying. That being said, the best part about taking exams is the feeling you get when you walk out of the classroom and you are done! All I can say is let’s celebrate with FOOD!

On the way home from school, I had a rather unfortunate mishaps and lost my Oyster Card to the treacherous pit in the Tube due to being bumped in the crowded rush hour conditions. Oyster Cards are essentially the “magic” passes to all of the transportation in London, and it’s not a good thing if it’s lost. After quite a bit of panic, the situation was resolved by the generous help of the Transit workers and my school.

Check out this amazing pizza place a couple of my classmates and I discovered near our homestay in Tufnell Park, London. There is a special deal every Monday where any pizza is 2 for £12. YUM, I think Aces and Eights should consider opening up a location in St. Paul in the very near future.

fullsizerender