Don’t Let the Muggles get you Down – Tommie Blogs
Kate '18

Don’t Let the Muggles get you Down

I have been completely obsessed with Harry Potter ever since the books first came out about 15 years ago. The Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour was on my London bucket list and proved to be one of my favorite things I have done to date in England.

Harry Potter is a phenomenon that captured the hearts of millions around the world, and the films transformed J.K. Rowling’s vivid imagination on paper to come to life on the screen. For 10 years, the Harry Potter cast and crew took over this Warner Bros Studio and filmed all 8 of the Harry Potter films on set. The studio boasts an impressive lot home to the different scenes throughout the movie such as the Great Hall, Gryffindor Tower, Hagrid’s hut, Dumbledore’s office, the Potions classroom, the famous Quidditch stadium, Malfoy Manor, 4 Privet Drive, Diagon Alley and many more. It was unbelievable to see the amount of detail that went into the sets, props, special effects, engineering and construction departments, and not to mention the hair, makeup and costumes.

It is hard to put into words what it was like to be on set- I felt like a Muggle who fell into a magical world that couldn’t possibly be real life. I can image this is what Harry would have felt like his first time in Diagon Alley shortly after meeting Hagrid. It was incredible to step into the wizarding world and experience the magic come to life right in front of my eyes. Don’t even get me started on Butterbeer… It is soooo good! The best way I can explain it is being a delicious and fizzy combination of butterscotch and cream soda topped with a dollop of heavy cream- YUM! Needless to say, I loved every minute of my four hours spent on set and never wanted to leave.

img_1283

The iconic Butterbeers- don’t worry they’re nonalcholic

img_1208

Took a little ride on the triple decker Night Bus (made from three different double decker buses welded together)

img_3599

Enjoying Butterbeers in front of 4 Privet Drive- Jenna is the best travel buddy and may love all things Harry Potter even more than me!

img_1180

The Hogwarts Express

img_1184

Couldn’t quite make it through the platform wall

img_1062

The Great Hall- one of the only sets that remained standing for all 8 movies

img_1056

Warner Bros. Studio Tour