Truce Interview – Tommie Blogs
Kate '18

Truce Interview

The owners of Truce recently spoke to the St. Thomas Women in Business Club, and gave the most fascinating presentation on their business and what it’s like to start your own business. I then had the opportunity to go to Truce for a brief interview with the owners, Blaire and Allie. Truce is located near Lake Calhoun and is Minnesota’s first fresh-pressed juice shop. Truce has the cutest shop, and the owners are currently working on opening their second location in the North Loop. With an emphasis on health and wellness, Truce uses their own recipes for the products and the ingredients in the products are 100% organic, vegan, raw and gluten-free.

In our interview, I wanted to hear more in depth what it’s like to start and own your own business. Blaire and Allie expressed that in owning your own business, you are on call around the clock, especially when their juicing process begins in the early hours of the day. However, they wouldn’t want to have it any other way because it’s their business and things are held to their high standards. They also talked about how the experience of opening a new business has been a trial and error process and how this has shaped the initial planning stages of their business. Problems have come up along the way, and the ladies expressed that you need to deal with these problems quickly and effectively. What amazed me about Truce was how their target market is actually very diverse. In the time that I was at Truce, such a wide array of customers came through the shop. I also got to sample a few of the juices.

My favorite drink: Charcoal Lemonade.

Why: The activated charcoal is a detoxing agent and also gives the lemonade the most unique taste.

Allie’s favorite drink: Greens.

Blaire’s favorite drink: Morning Greens.

A big thanks to Blaire and Allie for taking the time to meet with me! Be sure to check out Truce for yourself!

http://www.drinktruce.com (copy and paste link into browser!)

Also check out my Truce video!

Truce Video