It’s Up to You – Tommie Blogs
Kate '18

It’s Up to You

There is a choice to be made, but ultimately, it’s up to you. You are the only one who can choose which way to live your life. In my own life, I choose happiness. I choose being a positive person who has no room or time for negativity in my life. There is nothing I dislike more than negativity. Being negative is a very unattractive characteristic, and when I see this in people, I don’t want to be around them at all.

I recently saw this quote by Lululemon:

“What are three things you’re grateful for in the last 24 hours? If you answer this question daily, you’ll be a happier person (and we’re really into that).”

FullSizeRender-15

This message sunk in deep, and it also really got me thinking. My mind instantly thought of the last 24 hours, and in that 24-hour span, there were so many things that popped into my mind that I was grateful for. I constantly count my blessings, and remember how fortunate I am to be where I am in my life, as well as the amazing people that I get to spend my life with. Pinpointing three other things that I was grateful for in the past 24 hours came easy to me as well. I was grateful for attending a beautiful mass at St. Maron’s church. I was grateful for the beautiful, and usually warm weather for a Minnesota December. Most of all, I was grateful for my amazing boyfriend who is way too sweet to me.

In thinking of these three things that I was grateful for, not one negative thought even crossed my mind, and to be honest, it was easy to come up with these three things because I truly believe that I am a positive person. There are so many things that we are all grateful for, and these blessings are in direct correlation with our happiness. If we think of all the good things in our lives, instead of dwelling on the negative, we will be much happier people.

So, it’s up to you. You have the choice between being a positive or negative person, but it’s ultimately up to you. I challenge you between now and Christmas, to take the time each day to think about 3 things you were grateful for in the past 24 hours.