Bad Presentations and how not to write one
- Know your audience. Why are they listening? Information, persuasion, entertainment, etc.
- Dress appropriately for the event.
- Make eye contact with audience members.
- Identify key points and stay on message.
- Use a conversational tone and speed – do not speak too fast or too slowly.
- Do not pace; stand as still as you can without being a statue.
- Use visuals as a supplement to your talk. Avoid reading from slides.
- Stick to your time limit.
- Save time for questions.
- Practice. Consider a trial run before colleagues.