Beginning Monday, July 20th, the OSF Library will start offering browsing of the physical collection by appointment. Appointments must be scheduled ahead of time via our online reservation system.
Reservations to browse library book/journal stacks are for 45 minutes and begin on the hour. Only one person may browse the book/journal stacks at a time. Browsers will leave the stacks 15 minutes prior to the next hour starting so we can clean/prepare for the next appointment.
Due to limited capacity for cleaning the building, patrons are required to strictly follow these rules and limitations:
- Masks or face coverings are required in the library, including while browsing the stacks.
- DO NOT enter or use restrooms on levels with book/journal stacks. Restrooms are available on the tunnel level and are accessible from the library’s front doors, and then down one level, located across from the vending machines.
- Restrict movement to the book stacks themselves. Do not use restrooms, tables, chairs, computers, carrels, or study/conference rooms.
- Sanitize your hands at one of the many hand sanitization stations before browsing the stacks. Continue sanitizing your hands as they touch your face, you cough/sneeze, or they otherwise come into contact with bodily fluids.
- Bring all books/journals you’ve browsed physically back down to the Circulation Desk so they can be checked out or quarantined and cleaned before being reshelved. You will take a cart with you for bring books back to the circulation desk.
- Special Collections and Music and Media will not be browsable.
- No computers are available to search the catalog on site. It is advised to know call number areas you’d like to browse beforehand, or bring a smartphone to access the mobile view of CLICsearch.