Once again the University of St. Thomas is pleased to present the third annual UST Executive Conference on the Future of Health Care on Friday, November 5, 2010 on St. Thomas’s Minneapolis campus.
It’s unclear how the latest reform legislation will change the U.S. health care landscape. Who will flourish? Who will fall? What measures will work, and how do we gauge their success?
Today’s health care leaders need answers, and yet the full impact of new health insurance exchanges, the “go retail” phenomenon, changing market shares, the reduced reimbursement environment, etc. remains to be seen. Strategic adaptation – and innovation – is no longer a benchmark; it’s an imperative to ensure that an organization thrives in the uncertainty and chaos that come with such sweeping legislative changes.
This year’s conference addresses the most critical aspects of the new health care reform through the lens of strategic innovation. Conference attendees should expect:
- New thinking, strategies and initiatives that inspire creativity and calculated risk-taking.
- Clarity around their role and responsibility in shaping the future by what is done within and for their organization.
- A deeper understanding of how to coexist successfully and profitably within a health care environment where coverage is now nearly universal.
- Insights on how health care reform will affect the various segments of the industry.
- Networking with other leaders who are working to shape the future of health care.
The Conference Agenda and Featured Speakers:
- Introduction by former U.S. Senator Dave Durenberger
- Opening Keynote Address by John E. McDonough, DrPH, MPA
Dr. McDonough is the Joan H. Tisch Distinguished Fellow in Public Health at Hunter College in New York City. Between 2008 and 2010, he served as a Senior Advisor on National Health Reform to the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.
- “Seizing Opportunities” Panel
Dr. Peter Person, CEO, Essentia
Dr. Nick LaRusso, Medical Director, Center for Innovation, Mayo Clinic
Mike O’Boyle, President, United Healthcare
Moderator: Joe White, LarsonAllen
- “Healthcare Goes Retail” Panel
Dr. Joshua Riff, Medical Director, Target
Dr. Gary Gosewisch, President & CEO, EPPA
Tony Paquin, CEO, Paquin Healthcare
Moderator: Ryan Johnson, Fredrikson & Byron
- Closing Keynote Address by Ceci Connolly
Ms. Connolly is currently a national staff writer at the Washington Post. She chronicled the recent passage of the national health-care legislation and was a lead author of “LANDMARK: The Inside Story of America’s New Health Care Law and What It Means for Us All.”