Parking and Bus Passes (permits go on sale August 12th):
Students interested in registering for a Commuter Minneapolis (CM) parking permit, or Metro Transit College Pass (C-pass) must register their intent by vising the parking Services online registration form available through Murphy Online. You will be able to sign up starting Monday, August 12th.
Additional information can be found at http://www.stthomas.edu/parking/ or by calling 651-962-4100 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm)
Books and Pre-Assignments:
Refer to the website and the “Notes from the Commons” post for more information on summer assignments. More assignments may be added as we receive them from your professors.
All Full-time, degree seeking students need to demonstrate health insurance before starting classes in fall semester. Visit our website to begin the verification process for the 2013-2014 academic year.
For those purchasing the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan during the annual enrollment period, coverage will be effective starting August 15, 2013. Additional information can be found on the Health Services website: http://www.stthomas.edu/studenthealth/Insurance/default.html
Complete MBAmath (if assigned to you)
Summer meeting with Career Services and Student Life
Complete all Pre-Assignments
Remember that Launch Week starts on Monday, August 26th! A schedule of Launch Week events will be sent out next week.
Please direct any questions on these requirements to: email@example.com
A note about the Twin Cities Business Network:
We are a local and national group of professional individuals connecting with others across industries, companies, and experience.
We strive to provide the best opportunities to meet others that are also looking to connect and grow professionally.
Date: Thursday, July 18th
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Carlson School of Management
For more information on the event, please visit: http://thetcbpn5thanniversary.eventbrite.com/#
The attendee list is included in the registration link for your review.
On behalf of the Land O’ Lakes Amigos ERG and the Mpls/St. Paul NSHMBA “National Society of Hispanic MBAs” chapter, we invite you to our professional
development event themed “Building Our Future”.
Try out Land O’ Lakes branded food products and learn from their executives while networking for fun!
Date: Thursday, July 18th 2013
Time: 5:30p.m. to 7:30p.m.
Location: Land O’ Lakes
4001 Lexington Ave
Arden Hills, MN, 55126
Register Here: http://www.nshmba.org/event/landolakes
Join us for a summer event while you connect with professionals and Target Team Members. The evening will include discussion surrounding “How to Build Your Brand Using Social Media.” Please bring your mobile device as we will provide the opportunity to make live updates!
Date: Wednesday, July 24th, 2013
Time: 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Location: Target Plaza Commons
Street: 1011 Nicollet Mall
City: Minneapolis, MN 55403
Appetizers and beverages will be provided
*Please bring your ID. Must be 21 to attend*
5:30: Begin Registration/Networking
6:00: Presentation from Target (How to Build Your Brand Using Social Media)
6:15: Working Session/Networking
This event is co-sponsored by National Black MBA Association, National Association of Asian MBA, National Society of Black Engineers, National Society of Hispanic MBA, Management Leadership for Tomorrow and the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting.
Conferences and Case Competitions are valuable experiences for Full Time MBA students. UST MBAs have attended a variety of events in the past, and our students are encouraged to seek out new opportunities.
Student participation in these events is encouraged by the UST MBA Student Association, which provides funding. Here is a list of some upcoming conferences and case competitions, and guidelines on seeking reimbursement for associated expenses:
|Conference/Case Competition – 2013-14
|National Black MBA Association Conference & Case Competition
||September 10-14, 2013
|NAAMBA Conference & Case Competition
||New York, NY
||September 19-21, 2013
|MBA Women International Conference & Career Fair
||October 3-5, 2013
|National Society of Hispanic MBAs Conference
||San Antonio, TX
||October 10-12, 2013
|Net Impact Conference
||San Jose, CA
||October 24-26, 2013
|ACG Cup – Case Competition UST Round
||January 30, 2014
|ACG Cup – District Round
||UST or Carlson
||February 6, 2014
|CEBC Ethics Case Competition – UST Round
||March 7, 2014
|International Business Ethics Case Competition
||May 7-9, 2014 (tent.)
Reimbursements for Conferences and Case Competitions:
- First Year MBA students must consult Student Life before signing up for conferences. Email Kay Wimer.
- You may only be reimbursed for your own needs. You may not pay for anything for anyone else and have it considered for reimbursement.
- You must have ORIGINAL receipts
- For food receipts – you must have both the itemized receipt showing what food was ordered and the credit card receipt. Remember, UST does not reimburse alcoholic beverages.
- For airfare – be sure the receipt shows your credit card charge, including your name and all info on the flight.
- We require using the conference registration charge as one of the expenses. If you register for an event, but do not attend, you will be responsible for all charges. UST will not reimburse you for anything if you do not attend.
- Membership fee: Many conference registration fees are based on membership. We will reimburse the membership fee when it lowers the registration charge.
- Hotel rooms – If you are sharing rooms, have the hotel divide the room charge among all those who are in the room. Each person must have their own receipt. We are unable to divide hotel room receipts.
- Please be aware that Accounts Payable requires a credit card statement or a bank statement (for check card purchases) showing the transactions for which you are requesting reimbursement. Please print or email a copy of the statement with your reimbursement request form and cross off any charges not associated with your reimbursement request.
- Funding must be approved by the Student Association Conference & Case Fund Committee. Please see the Guidelines.
- UST only reimburses reasonable expenses. Taxi fare – yes. Car rental – no. If you are unsure whether something will be reimbursed, ask us first!
Questions? Contact Kay Wimer.