At the 2019 Government & Non-Profit Career Fair, students will have the opportunity to meet a wide variety of employers. They may also attend special presentations to learn about careers in the Public Sector (government) and Non-Profit work.
The first breakout session, “Intro to Careers in Nonprofits” will go into more detail about what nonprofits are and what types of jobs they have. Students will hear from four different presenters and their experience working in nonprofits. At the second breakout session, “Launching a Public Sector Career,” students will be able to rotate to different tables to talk to representatives of city, county, and state government agencies. Take advantage of these unique opportunities!
Both events encourage students to ask questions and gather contacts for future networking. Details can be found here, http://www.togpartners.com/govnonprofitfair/ under Candidates – Presentations.
The Fair is open from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Come when you can! If you plan on taking transit both to and from the fair, we recommend stopping at Tommie Central and buying a $5 ALL DAY Metro Transit pass. If you do not want to buy the all day pass, please keep reading.
Listed below are directions from the University of St. Thomas to Coffman Memorial Union on the U of M Minneapolis Campus via public transportation.
- Catch a bus at the corner of Cretin and Summit Avenues, Westbound Route 63B. When you buy a ticket, make sure to ask the driver for a TRANSFER TICKET!
- Take bus to University Avenue and get off at Carleton Street. Walk to the Light Rail Green Line train station at Raymond Avenue. Take the train headed West toward Mpls-Target Field and get off at the U of M, East Bank Station. Your transfer ticket from the bus will also be your ticket for the Light Rail!
- Walk .25 miles West to Coffman Union, 300 W. Washington Street, SE.
(Allow at least 30 minutes for this trip. But is sure beats trying to find and pay for parking!)
- Walk back to the U of M, East Bank Station and buy another TRANSFER TICKET when you get on the Green Line Train Eastbound toward St. Paul.
- Get off the train at Westgate Station and walk to the corner of Berry Street and University Avenue (by the KSTP TV Studio!).
- Hop on the Eastbound Route 63K bus, which will take you right back to the corner of Cretin and Summit Avenues!