This is the final message you will receive prior to the 2017 MN Private Colleges Job & Internship Fair this week! It is full of helpful tips and vital information, so PLEASE READ IT ALL! Each week since early January emails have been sent out regarding the Job and Internship Fair. If you need to read any of the previous emails they can be found at: https://blogs.stthomas.edu/careers/category/private-college-job-and-internship-fair
We are looking forward to seeing you at the fair!
Please review the excused absences policy thoroughly. Look ahead at your class schedule for Tuesday, February 27th and determine if you will need to make arrangements to miss class(es). An email list of all Job/Internship Fair participants was sent to the Academic Deans on Feburary 22nd, notifying them of your attendance at a UST sponsored event. (If you registered after 2/22 your name may NOT be on this list). If you plan to miss class, you must inform the instructor as soon as possible. It is only considered an “excused” absence if you do this!
PRINT YOUR RESUME
On February 23, 26, and 27th, USG will be partnering with the Career Development Center and OSF Library to sponsor “Resumes and Representatives!”
During this event, students who are attending the MN Private Colleges Job and Internship Fair can come in to the library and print up to 20 resumes on resume paper for FREE!!
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR FEBRUARY 27TH
Bus: Free shuttle bus leaving from Flynn Hall. The first shuttle will leave at 8:00 a.m. and the last shuttle will depart from Mpls Convention Center at 6:00pm. Shuttle will run every 15-20 minutes from 8am until 3pm, and will then run every half hour. Please be aware that traffic conditions may throw the schedule off a bit. Do not worry!
When you arrive:
When you enter the convention center, the coat check will be located in Ballroom A. Please check your coat and large bags before you proceed. It’s free!
Then, you will need to stop at the UST Table and pick up your name-tag before you will be allowed into the fair area.
- If you arrive BEFORE 9am, after checking your coat, please come directly to the lower level and check in at the UST table. Then, proceed back up to the Mezzanine level to the student lounge, or to Ballroom A (same area as the coat check) to have a Free LinkedIn Headshot taken. The doors to the fair will not open until 9:00 am, and there is not space on the lower level for students to wait.
- If you arrive AFTER 9am, after checking your coat, please come directly to the lower level and check in at the UST table. You may then proceed directly into the fair area if you wish.
Other Important Details:
- Students with need for extra time due special accommodations may enter at 8:30am. Please contact Amber Bieneck (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special Events: There will be a roundtable discussion on Jobs/Internship Searches for International Students at 9:30am in Ballroom A.
- Download the app: MNPC Job Fair offered by Guidebook for the most current list of employers, tool to save favorites, take notes, preview map layout and access special events.
What to Wear: Wear professional business attire. http://www.pinterest.com/ustcareer/