Exciting Changes are Coming…
If you walk by our space in Murray-Herrick 123, you may notice we’re under construction! Due to the construction, all career services are virtual through the end of the semester. Please visit our website for all your career services needs!
Starting the first week in March, students and alumni who register for this new Tommie network initiative will be introduced to a new connection each week. Pairs are free to chat about anything, but we’ll provide some topics along the way. You can join in on the fun anytime during March. New connections will be formed each Wednesday. Pairs can chat about career discernment, resume help, and so much more. Each connection you make will also enter you into fun drawings for UST swag throughout the month! Click here to learn more and join!
Juniors and Seniors: Wonder what you’re doing after graduation? Looking for a job or internship? Want to do something meaningful, while still preparing yourself professionally?
Put your St. Thomas education, experience and values to work for the common good! Most programs allow you to defer student loans, receive health insurance, and even earn money toward further education (or perhaps even a Master’s degree) while engaging in meaningful work with a community organization. At this first post-graduate job, you’ll gain invaluable professional responsibilities, experience and mentorship, while contributing something of value within our communities, and at a time of great need.
To learn more, attend the upcoming Post-Graduate Service (Virtual) Fair during the week of March 8th. The fair is sponsored by longtime UST partner CVN, which supports more than 185 domestic and global post-graduate programs. Click here to Register! (Input Coupon Code COMMOGOODUST4FREE and the Center for the Common Good will cover your registration fee!)
Get Ready for Interviewing Season!
Whether you’re interviewing virtually, by recorded interview, or safely in person, attend one of our “Interviews that Impress!” workshops to learn some key tips for leaving a positive impression at your interview! Upcoming workshop dates include:
- Thursday, March 4 (Senior Thursday) from 12:00 – 12:45 pm on Zoom
- Tuesday, March 9 from 12:15 – 1:00 pm on Zoom
- Grant Thornton LLP: Meet with Grant Thornton University Recruiter, Jess Bishop to ask questions and learn about our current open opportunities for students with Accounting and Finance Majors. This Employer Chat will take place Tuesday, Mar 2 between 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Students that RSVP and sign up for a time will be emailed a link to the virtual meeting the day before the Chat Session. So, please sign up TODAY!
- City of St. Paul: On Thursday, March 11 at 4:00 pm, learn about the City of Saint Paul’s hiring process and talk to a Human Resources team member to gain insight on how to make your application stand out! Attend one of the Elevate Information sessions! You will receive tips on how to navigate through our application system, learn about our hiring process, and discover the many careers available with us. This session is approximately 1.5 hours long and includes a presentation; please plan to join at the beginning of the session.
- True Media: For Seniors graduating in May 2021 and recent college graduates: True Media will host a virtual workshop for prospective interns on Friday, March 12th from 3:00-4:00pm. On this Zoom call, you’ll hear a brief panel discussion from some True Media team members about who we are as a company, and you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions – about the company in general, as well as the internship program. Go to this website and scroll down to “Want to Learn More?” to RSVP for this event!
The Office of Study Abroad & Career Development Center are excited to announce the launch of a new global online micro-internship program! Build a unique set of skills in an intercultural workplace, all from the comfort of your own home! Visit the Office of Study Abroad’s OneStThomas site for more information on current opportunities and how to apply!
Need a Resume Review? Head to March Pop-Ins!
You’ll need your resume in tip-top shape for virtual fairs and your job and internship searches this spring, and virtual Pop-Ins are one of the best places to have your application documents reviewed! Our weekly pop-in hours are listed here. Click here and find the link at the top of the page to log on.