Dear Students and Alumni,
Your career as well as your health and safety are extremely important to the university. Just as the university instituted an online class policy, the Career Development Center will be working in an extended capacity to meet all of your career needs. Please review the following changes to our operations:
Career Development Resources
- New Appointments: For safety reasons, we are only offering phone or virtual ZOOM meetings. Just complete the appointment request form on the Career Development Center main webpage. As usual, you will receive an automated email with your appointment details and ZOOM instructions if your meeting is online.
- Resume Review: If you would like your resume reviewed, please send it to email@example.com. A counselor will review it and provide feedback as soon as possible. Please state Resume Review Requested in the Subject Line and the due date.
- Pop-ins: In-person drop-in hours are suspended until further notice. However, if you have an urgent request, please call the career center at 651-962-6761 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Workshops/Seminars: A limited number of group seminars/workshops will be held virtually using ZOOM. Details and signup are listed on our Seminars and Events page.
- Online Resources: Please visit the Career Development Center website for assistance with questions and tips ranging from resume preparation, interviewing to job search.
- Inquiries: If you have basic questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call the career center office at 651-962-6761.
- Job/Internship Applications: TommieCareers, a robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities is current and will remain accessible.
- On-Campus Interviews: All On-Campus Interviews will be held virtually via ZOOM or SKYPE depending on employer preference. The employer relations staff will work directly with you and the employer to facilitate this change.
- Information Sessions: All employer networking and information sessions and employer tables are canceled until further notice.
- Currently Employed: Students presently working in an off-campus internship or job should check in with their employer to get details on their COVID-19 response plan. Those students earning internship credit should contact their faculty advisor or program manager for additional information.
Please be safe and enjoy your spring break. We look forward to reconnecting with you!
Career Development Center Staff