Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! As you transition into your new routine with classes, work, and life we want to make you aware of the variety of resources and services available to assist you in your career planning or internship/job search throughout this year.
Career Counselors are available for individual appointments or daily Pop-In sessions (10-15 minute, first-come first served, for quick questions) to assist with:
- exploring majors and careers
- applying for on-campus student jobs
- internship or job search questions
- resume and cover letter writing
- interviewing tips
- creating/updating your LinkedIn profile
- researching employers and more!
On-Campus Interviewing begins soon for full-time positions and internships. Attend an Orientation to On-Campus Interviewing seminar to sign up for interviews with employers who will be visiting campus from September through November.
International Internships Did you know that students can complete a part-time internship and earn credit as part of a semester study abroad experience, or do a full-time summer internship abroad? Well, you can! There are a variety of programs from our partner providers to choose from. How they might fit into your major degree plan is going to vary based on your class standing, your major, transfer credits, and whether you’re in the current, or new core curriculum.
If you’re interested in learning more about the internship options, there are a few things for you to do:
- check out the Career Development Center’s website
- attend A Guide to International Internships on September 10th (RSVP now!)
- attend the Fall Study Abroad Fair on September 19th and then meet with a Study Abroad advisor and academic advisor to talk about your unique plan
The deadline to apply for Spring semester programs is October 1st!
The Career Development Center looks forward to assisting you with your career development this year and beyond! Call 651-962-6761 or stop by 123 Murray-Herrick to schedule an appointment.