Career staff were very busy this year providing students with career education and employer networking opportunities. As we approach the end of the year, we thought to share with you some highlights from 2018-2019!
Employers On Campus:
We hosted ten (10) Employer Information Sessions, including one remote conversation with Google Finance in Silicon Valley, California! Companies included:
- Amazon, Google, Inc., INROADs, Inc., Keyot (consulting), Optum, Target Headquarters, TripleTree, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo, Wright Medical
Sixty-seven (67) companies were on-campus interviewing students for their internships and full-time jobs. In the fall alone, we hosted 570 interviews (we’re not finished counting spring semester yet!).
The list of topics that Career Development staff present on is too long to list here, but we’re proud to report providing more than 85 career workshops and presentations this past fall, reaching more than 1,400 students. (Again, we haven’t finished counting spring term yet.)
- J-term Pathfinders Career Exploration Program for Arts & Sciences students
- Career Treks (company tours) to Ecolab (science & mechanical engineering) and WCCO-TV (journalism)
- Americorps Panel – Exploring Service Careers
- Health Careers Showcase Panel and Employer Information Fair
Minnesota’s Private Colleges Job & Internship Fair:
- Over 300 employers attended from all industries and sectors, and over 600 registered Tommies represented us well!
We support all academic departments and therefore, students from ALL majors!