How can you stand out to an employer or graduate school? Add research to your resume!
The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program is now accepting proposals for independent, faculty-mentored, PAID research to be conducted in Summer 2018. Take a look at the work other St. Thomas student grant recipients have completed and presented at the semiannual Inquiry at UST Poster Session. Visit https://www.stthomas.edu/urop/programs/summergrants/ to view the grant opportunities available and determine which best fits what you want to accomplish. Attend the optional proposal writing workshop to develop strategies for writing the best possible proposal. The workshop will be held at 11:45 in MHC 124 on January 16. Register here. Contact UROP with any questions at UROP@stthomas.edu. Proposals are due by 4:30 pm on February 16th.
Are you curious about how you might use your liberal arts degree once you graduate? Register for Envision, a 2-day program to be held January 25th and 26th. Attendees from the College of Arts and Sciences and students have not declared a major will:
- Hear from alumni who graduated with liberal arts and sciences degrees about their career trajectories.
- Learn how to network and practice skills with employers, alumni and faculty.
- Engage in a “career trek” where through visiting companies such as 3M and others to learn more about fields of interest.
Minnesota Private Colleges Job and Internship Fair Registration Continues
In 2017 more than 700 Tommies attended this Fair to network with more than 300 employers. Registration for the February 27, 2018 event is taking place with 30-minute information sessions offered for those who have never attended the event. The Fair is open to current sophomores, juniors, seniors, and December 2017 graduates. Orientation options this week include (all held in MHC 124):
Tuesday, January 9th at 11:30 am
Thursday, January 11th at 12:30 pm
Already registered? Attend Job Fair Success Tactics (Tuesday, January 9th, 12 pm in MHC 124) to learn some great tips for standing out (in a good way!).
Link and Learn with LinkedIn – January 10th, 12:30 pm in MHC 124
• the basics of building or improving your profile
• how to connect with individuals, groups and valuable new contacts, like St. Thomas alum
• how to research companies and search for jobs and internships via LinkedIn