Welcome back! As you wrap up your fall semester the Career Development Center is your place to check in about upcoming plans for J-Term, spring semester and yes, even summer 2018. Think ahead about opportunities to build your resume by adding an internship, part-time job, or volunteer experience.
Sophomores and juniors: are you curious about how you might use your liberal arts degree once you graduate? Register for Envision, a 2-day program to be held January 25th and 26th. Attendees will:
- Explore a variety of industries with opportunities for liberal arts and sciences majors.
- Hear from alumni who graduated with liberal arts and sciences degrees about their career trajectories.
- Learn how to network and practice skills with employers, alumni and faculty.
- Engage in a “career trek” where through visiting companies such as 3M and others to learn more about fields of interest.
Minnesota Private Colleges Job and Internship Fair Registration Continues
Registration for the February 27th event is taking place with 30-minute information sessions offered for those who have never attended the event. The Fair is open to current sophomores, juniors, seniors, and December 2017 graduates. Orientation options this week include: (all held in MHC 124)
- Tuesday, November 28th at 3 pm
- Wednesday, November 29th at 2 pm
If you have previously attended the Fair and would like to register, stop by MHC 123 for the registration form and handouts. The early bird registration fee is $15 through December 18th.
Geology and Environmental Sciences Career Panel – Tuesday, November 28th, 12 pm, OSS 123
Learn about consulting and environmental industry jobs from a panel of working professionals. Food will be provided!
Check out the Seminars and Events page for information about employers on campus in the ASC this week: Scribe America, ACR Homes/Healthcare, and Coyote Logistics.
We are open for appointments and Pop-Ins. Call us at 651-952-6761 for Pop-In times and/or to schedule an appointment with a career counselor.