Well, everyone is back from Thanksgiving Break and gearing up for the final stretch of first semester. This last chunk of the semester is oh so crucial as we approach the most dreaded thing of the year…finals. Teachers cram in last minute unit exams, projects, papers, and lectures, while students struggle to remember all of the information gained and lost over the last few months. It is quite a glorious time….
However, I am going to save talking about finals for a later date and focus this post on Thanksgiving! Here are some of the things I did in preparation for and during Thanksgiving break:
- Stuffed my face with a Thanksgiving meal not once, but THREE times–The first meal was a week before Thanksgiving at the Cafeteria’s annual Thanksgiving dinner, aka the BEST meal of the year on campus. The second round of Thanksgiving dinner was on the actual holiday, and the third meal was two days later at a family friend’s annual Thanksgiving feast. Needless to say, I gained about 23409817 pounds this weekend.
- Ran my first 5k–The morning of Thanksgiving, my family and aunts and cousins all ran the Twin Cities Turkey Trot at 8 AM in downtown Minneapolis. It was a beautiful morning to run with 14,000 people dressed in Turkey costumes along the river, by the target center, and near the stone arch bridge. It was also a great way for me to justify how much food I was going to consume later that afternoon.
- Caught up with my beloved high school friends, or as we like to call ourselves, the Wolf Pack
- Slept for hours and hours in my beautiful queen bed
- Did NOT do homework…although it probably would have been a good idea
- Spent quality time with the Harris family–movies, running, eating, and decorating the Christmas tree are all activities that grace the Harris household with their presence over this break
- Saw a play in Uptown–A few of my friends and I attended the production “I Am My Own Wife” at the Jungle Theater. It was an unbelievable one man play that I suggest everyone see if they get the chance!
This just about sums up my Thanksgiving holiday and I hope that all of you had a great one too! I’ll be back soon to vent about finals and the upcoming stressful holidays!