Have you heard of RefWorks but don’t know quite what it is or how to use it?
If so, today is your lucky day!
RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool — it’s designed to help researchers (ahem, that means you!) easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.
In short, RefWorks is something that can save your skin when working on all those pesky research papers that seem to pop up when you just so happen to be a college student.
RefWorks allows you to do all sorts of nifty things, like:
- Create a personal database online where you can store an unlimited amounts of references that are, accessible from any computer without having to download or install any software
- Import references automatically from a wide variety of databases.
- Organize references so that you can sort and search your stored references quickly and easily.
- Format citations and bibliographies instantly in any of hundreds of styles: (APA, MLA, Turabian, etc.)
- Attach files to your citations (100MB of file storage for attaching files at up to 5MB each)
In order to use RefWorks you must create an account. But, thanks to how UST’s subscription is set up, once you have an account it is yours forever!
Find out more on our RefWorks subject guide or by asking your favorite UST librarian! Also keep on the lookout for some “Just in Time” quick workshops in the library throughout the semester about this and other topics!