As many of you have noticed, on Monday, February 6th, Keffer Library moved up the stairs into our new space!
The last few weeks have been ones of excitement and transition as we unpack boxes and find new homes for the many people and things that make Keffer tick.
The new library space now contains:
- Curriculum and Children’s book collections (moved back already thanks to the dedication of some of our amazing student workers)
- over 30 public computers, including two Mac stations and four computers with specialty software.
- two study rooms, each able to be reserved with an online reservation system
- a one-point service desk – staffed by a librarian and both technology and circulation assistants
- sunlit reading lounge
Look for the following additional changes in the next few weeks and months:
- wall shelving for the reference collection
- a lower-level quiet study area
- the return of the rest of the collection from its temporary housing at the Law Library. It will be housed on compact shelving on the lower level (currently being installed).
We’re happy to say that it’s starting to feel like home! Our beloved Charles Keffer dedication display has been hung back on the walls, and things are starting to feel settled. Thanks again for all of your patience as we continue to transition into our new space.