Until CLICsearch goes live on May 31st, this FAQ will mainly be populated with info about ways you can prepare for the move from CLICnet and Summon to CLICsearch, though some additional sections have been included to indicate what other info will soon be here. Check back around the go-live date for more answers and tips for working in the new system. One way to improve the FAQ is to ask us questions via our CLICsearch feedback form.
Preparing for the Change to CLICsearch
- What will happen to CLICnet and Summon? Will my links to those services redirect?
Starting May 31st, any links to CLICnet and Summon will be redirected to a page with a link to the new CLICsearch interface. At that time, you will need to update existing links to CLICnet and Summon you may have in bookmarks, syllabi, Blackboard, Canvas. If you have any questions, contact us.
- What is the deadline for submitting Summer Course Reserves requests?
For uninterrupted Course Reserves service for your Summer classes, please submit requests by Monday, April 24th so we have time to process them before data migration begins on Friday, April 28th. Course Reserves will be available in CLICnet until May 30th, and then will switch over to CLICSearch on May 31st. Should you need to add Course Reserves after the April 24th deadline, we can work with that, but there will be a period of a few days after go-live where your class’s Course Reserves will be unavailable via CLICSearch until they can be entered and published in the new system. If you have any questions, contact us.
- Will my “Preferred Searches” and “Lists” migrate from CLICnet to CLICsearch?
“Preferred Searches” and “My Lists” will not migrate to CLICSearch. If you would like to preserve this information, you must do so by May 30th. “My Lists” can be exported from your account in a variety of formats (including RefWorks), but “Preferred Searches” cannot be exported, and must be printed or copy and pasted. Let us know if you need help capturing this information, or recreating these searches in CLICSearch. CLICSearch will offer similar functionality called Favorites for lists and saved searches.
About CLICsearch (answers coming soon)
- What can I find in CLICsearch?
- What is the meaning of the different search scopes CLIC + Online, CLIC Catalog, Online Only, and Course Reserves?
- How do I perform a more targeted search using CLICsearch?
How do I [insert your task here] in CLICsearch? (answers coming soon)
- How do I sign into my CLICsearch account and renew materials?
- How do I open the full text of an article or book chapter?
- How do I request materials from other CLIC libraries?
- Coming soon…