I teach two sessions and there are times I need to post the same course content to another course. Here are the steps to copy one item from one course to the other:
1. Once you have uploaded the item to one course, start by going to the other course, and create the content item.
2. Choose browse collections instead of browsing from my computer for the content.
3. On the left hand side of the pop up screen, find the courses content and find the course you just uploaded the content to.
4. Select the item you want to copy.
6. Benefit of this is that when you change the other document, this newly uploaded one will change, too.