Dear Opus College of Business Alumnus or Student,
Congratulations on completing or nearing completion of your graduate business degree! You have indicated you plan to participate in the 2013 Graduate Business Commencement Ceremony, to be held on Saturday, May 25. (Please reply to this email ASAP if you do not plan to attend the commencement ceremony.) While complete commencement ceremony information, including directions, parking and other details, are available on the Opus College of Business Commencement website, this email includes the most critical instructions for you as a participant.
Graduate Business Commencement Ceremony Schedule: Saturday, May 25
- Arrive at the UST St. Paul campus.
- Be sure to remember to bring your academic regalia (your cap, tassel and gown) with you! Click the link for more information on dress code and when and where to pick up your regalia.
- Go to the Anderson Athletic and Recreation Complex on the St. Paul campus. Families and guests should go to the field house on the upper level. Graduates must report to Schoenecker Arena on the lower level. Ushers in the building will help direct graduates and guests.
- Stop at the check-in table to pick up your master’s hood (hoods must be returned after the ceremony).
- Find your name on one of the alphabetized lists posted. Note the row number next to your name. Find your row number posted on the wall and report to your row marshal.
- Get a name card that you will take to the stage with you to hand to the reader.
- Ask your marshal for help with your academic regalia.
- Be in your line and in position and ready for the procession by 6:45 p.m.
Commencement exercises begin with an academic procession into the Anderson Athletic and Recreation Center field house. A program will be waiting for you in your chair. Our commencement speaker this year is Randall J. Hogan, chairman and CEO of Pentair. The ceremony should last 75-90 minutes.
A reception immediately follows the ceremony in the Anderson Student Center. Graduates, guests, faculty, staff and administrators are all invited.
You will receive your diploma when all course requirements for the degree are completed and your student account is paid in full. Your diploma will be mailed to you approximately eight to 10 weeks after all degree requirements are verified as completed. Be sure your current mailing address on file with St. Thomas is correct in Murphy online, or contact us at (651) 962-4200 to update your contact information.
If you have any additional questions, please reference the FAQ section of the commencement website, or contact your program office or program adviser. We look forward to celebrating your accomplishment with you!
The Opus College of Business Graduate Commencement Planning Committee