Conferences and Case Competitions are valuable experiences for Full Time MBA students. UST MBAs have attended a variety of events in the past, and our students are encouraged to seek out new opportunities.
Student participation in these events is encouraged by the UST MBA Student Association, which provides funding. Here is a list of some upcoming conferences and case competitions, and guidelines on seeking reimbursement for associated expenses:
|Conference/Case Competition – 2013-14||Location||Dates|
|National Black MBA Association Conference & Case Competition||Houston, TX||September 10-14, 2013|
|NAAMBA Conference & Case Competition||New York, NY||September 19-21, 2013|
|MBA Women International Conference & Career Fair||Boston, MA||October 3-5, 2013|
|National Society of Hispanic MBAs Conference||San Antonio, TX||October 10-12, 2013|
|Net Impact Conference||San Jose, CA||October 24-26, 2013|
|ACG Cup – Case Competition UST Round||UST||January 30, 2014|
|ACG Cup – District Round||UST or Carlson||February 6, 2014|
|CEBC Ethics Case Competition – UST Round||UST||March 7, 2014|
|International Business Ethics Case Competition||Tucson, AZ||May 7-9, 2014 (tent.)|
Reimbursements for Conferences and Case Competitions:
- First Year MBA students must consult Student Life before signing up for conferences. Email Kay Wimer.
- You may only be reimbursed for your own needs. You may not pay for anything for anyone else and have it considered for reimbursement.
- You must have ORIGINAL receipts
- For food receipts – you must have both the itemized receipt showing what food was ordered and the credit card receipt. Remember, UST does not reimburse alcoholic beverages.
- For airfare – be sure the receipt shows your credit card charge, including your name and all info on the flight.
- We require using the conference registration charge as one of the expenses. If you register for an event, but do not attend, you will be responsible for all charges. UST will not reimburse you for anything if you do not attend.
- Membership fee: Many conference registration fees are based on membership. We will reimburse the membership fee when it lowers the registration charge.
- Hotel rooms – If you are sharing rooms, have the hotel divide the room charge among all those who are in the room. Each person must have their own receipt. We are unable to divide hotel room receipts.
- Please be aware that Accounts Payable requires a credit card statement or a bank statement (for check card purchases) showing the transactions for which you are requesting reimbursement. Please print or email a copy of the statement with your reimbursement request form and cross off any charges not associated with your reimbursement request.
- Funding must be approved by the Student Association Conference & Case Fund Committee. Please see the Guidelines.
- UST only reimburses reasonable expenses. Taxi fare – yes. Car rental – no. If you are unsure whether something will be reimbursed, ask us first!
Questions? Contact Kay Wimer.