We have all heard this, but have you stopped to really consider what it means?
Last March, five full-time UST MBA students competed in the Simon Marketing Association’s 15th Annual Marketing Case Competition at the University of Rochester in New York. St. Thomas had an excellent showing with three of the five students placing in the top three out of 16 teams. Would you like to continue this tradition?
The most dreaded word among avid e-mailers. Make sure this doesn’t happen to you!
The UST mailboxes have 150MB of storage. Accounts that reach this limit are unable to receive e-mail. At this time of year, that may mean missing interview requests and job offers!
- Delete unnecessary e-mails in your Inbox.
- Delete unnecessary e-mails in your Sent box.
- Empty your Recycle Bin.
- Save attachments as files, not e-mails.
- Sort your boxes by size and delete the biggest files first. (Yup, that’s my lazy way out.)
On Thursday, Feb. 7th, St. Thomas is proud to present Papa Kwesi Nduom, former managing partner of Deloitte & Touche Africa and current presidential candidate in Ghana, to speak on “Politics in Ghana: The American Influence.” Full-time MBA student Kate Herzog helped arrange this exciting event that highlights Opus College’s emphasis on global business leadership. Be sure to RSVP to email@example.com in advance to ensure a seat!
Elections for the 2008 – 2009 Student Association will be held Tuesday, Feb. 19th. Everyone should plan to attend this important event to select your representatives.
If you would like to help guide the program as it continues to grow and improve, please consider running for a position on Student Association. Joe Johnson, President, recently sent position descriptions to the Class of 2009. Official position descriptions are also available on in the Bylaws, as posted on Blackboard. Current officers are all happy to talk about their experiences to individuals interested in their positions.
There is a lot of talent in the Class of 2009. We look forward to a great election!
As part of our celebration of the 20th year of the Multicultural Forum on Workplace Diversity, the UST MBA is excited to present UST MBA students with the opportunity for an informal evening discussion featuring Mr. Luke Visconti on Wednesday, Feb. 20th.
Mr. Visconti, the Forum’s keynote speaker, is a recognized leader in the field of workplace diversity. He has appeared on FOX, MSNBC, and CNBC as well as being regularly quoted on diversity issues in publications such as The New York Times, Fortune, BusinessWeek, and The Wall Street Journal.
Join Visconti and fellow UST MBA students for light refreshments and the chance to hear why diversity initiatives aren’t “just for the white guy” any more!
Please RSVP by February 11 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearly 100 companies will be at the Multicultural Forum Career Fair on Thursday, Feb. 21st. The Career Fair, which is co-sponsored by the Opus College of Business, is free for attendees. Please plan to dress your best on Feb. 21st for the Career Fair.
For a full list of exhibitors and more information, please visit http://www.stthomas.edu/mcf/fair/career/default.html.
To learn how to make the most of this opportunity, please attend the Career Fair Success Tactics Workshop on Thursday, Feb. 7th.
Plan to take part in the ethics simulation on Friday, Feb. 22nd. Participants will have the opportunity to resolve ethical issues in a half-day business simulation led by local business executives. This is a valuable networking event and learning experience. Lunch will also be provided. Please watch for more information in the coming weeks or contact Ryan Tranby for additional details.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30th: Black River Asset Management Company Information Session
- Friday, Feb. 1st: First Friday Alumni Luncheon with Ellen Breyer, CEO and President of Hazelden
- Tuesday, Feb. 7th: Speaker Papa Kwesi Nduom, former managing partner of Deloitte & Touche Africa, current presidential candidate in Ghana
- Thursday, Feb. 7th: Career fair success tactics workshop
- Tuesday, Feb. 12th: Finance and Accounting Club Speaker, Dan Eitrheim, SVP, Dougherty Investments
- Wednesday, Feb. 13th: Buddy group meeting
- Monday, Feb. 18th: Case interviewing career seminar
- Tuesday, Feb. 19th: UST MBA Student Association elections
- Wednesday, Feb. 20th: Finance and Accounting Club Speaker, John Pohlad, Marquette Asset Management
- Wednesday, Feb. 20th: Speaker Luke Visconti, “Not Just for White Guys: The Impact of Diversity on Your Work/Life
- Thursday, Feb. 21st: Multicultural Forum Career Fair
- Friday, Feb. 22nd: Ethics simulation