This is for those already registered for Minnesota’s Private Colleges 2015 Job and Internship Fair. If you have not registered and would like to attend, please complete an Orientation to Job and Internship Fair and submit your registration before the deadline. Visit our Job and Internship Fair website for additional information and eligibility requirements.
For previous emails and tips regarding the job fair, visit our email archives.
Plan to attend Job Fair: Insiders’ Tips
This helpful session with a student and employer panel will take place Thursday, February 5 at 12:00 p.m. in Woulfe Hall, Anderson Student Center. Following the speakers Career Counselors will be available for resume critiques.
Begin to gather information about interviewing skills. Pages 16-19 in your packet give further resources and information about preparing for successful interviews. Students who have attended recommend knowing about behavioral interviewing prior to the Fair. Attend an interviewing skills seminar.
In addition to the Job and Internship Fair, the spring session for On-Campus Interviewing provides opportunities to meet with employers who are hiring for full-time and internship positions. Interviews begin in February. If you have not attended an On-Campus Interviewing Orientation Session you will need to attend one of the seminars. (Note, this is different from the Job and Internship Fair Orientation Session)
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing: Monday, January 26 at noon
- On-Campus Interviewing Orientation: Tuesday, January 27 at noon
- Link and Learn with LinkedIn: Wednesday, January 28 at noon
- Interviewing Skills: Thursday, January 29 at 12:30 p.m.
- Job and Internship Fair Success Tactics: Thursday, January 29 at 2:00 p.m. (bring your packet)
- Job Fair: Insiders’ Tips: Thursday, February 5 at noon in Woulfe Alumni Hall
- Meet More Faster: Speed Networking with Alumni: Tuesday, February 10 6:30 p.m.