My HTC Thunderbolt is a real battery hog, so one of the first things I looked for in the Android Market is some kind of battery widget. The one I saw reviewed several places and tried is called Battery Widget.
Note that this is a widget, not a full-blown app. So find it in the Android Market, download it, and then to install it on a home screen go to: Menu -> Add -> Widgets -> Battery Widget.
This widget includes several nice features:
- on the home screen it displays a graphical icon of battery charge status with a percentage indicator
- once you tap the widget, it displays:
- a button link to the battery settings that shows what has been using your battery most since last charge
- a button link to the display settings so you can make adjustments
- buttons to toggle on and off the GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth functions to save battery power
A couple of sample screen shots below: